General FAQ

Q: Do you provide services outside of Mecklenburg County?
A: Yes. We provide some DD and CAP services to other counties. We currently have a contract with Piedmont Behavioral Health Center, Western Highlands and Catawba Counties. Contact us for more information.

Q: What hours and days are you open for business?
A: Our offices are open Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.; however we provide on-call coverage 24/7.

Q: I’m interested in doing volunteer services, what does PCP/TTHH have to offer?
A: Contact our Human Resources Specialist for current volunteer opportunities.

Q: If I know someone who needs services, what do I do?
A: Call Meck Link at (704) 336-6404 and they will determine what services are appropriate.

Q: What does the Recovery Model mean?
A: The Recovery Model is strength based and focuses on the positives in a person’s life, believing that everyone can achieve recovery with the proper amount of services and supports.

Participant FAQ

Q: Why should I choose PCP/TTHH as my service provider?
A: We will work with you one on one to help you achieve your recovery goals. Our staff are experienced, qualified and committed to making sure your needs are met. Our clinicians have smaller caseloads to ensure quality services. We have a diverse staff and are able to serve individuals from all backgrounds. It is our mission to be the leading provider of mental health and developmental disability services.

Q: What if I don’t have Medicaid, will you still serve me?
A: Yes. We have a contract with Mecklenburg County and are able to provide services to Non-Medicaid participants as long as funding is available.

Q: I’m already receiving services from another provider, but I’m not happy. Can I change providers to PCP/TTHH?
A: Yes. Contact your current case manager and request a change in providers. If you have any problems, please contact our Admissions Coordinator.

Q: I need assistance with housing, can you help me?
A: Yes. Depending on your housing needs, income and time frame our case managers can assist with a variety of housing opportunities in Mecklenburg County.

Q: What if I need a payee, can PCP/TTHH assist me?
A: Yes. Although PCP/TTHH doesn’t provide payee services directly, we can help link you to alternative payees.

Q: I received a letter from Value Options saying my services have been denied, what do I do?
A: Contact your case manager immediately. They can assist you with filing an appeal.

Q: My case manager informs me I only have so many units of Community Support authorized, what does that mean?
A: In order to receive Community Support Services, every participant must have a prior authorization. The current authorization company in North Carolina is Value Options. The amount of units approved is based upon medical necessity, your current level of functioning, your Person Centered Plan, and severity of symptoms. Although PCP/TTHH can request any number of units up to 780 units per 90 days, final approval is made by Value Options. For Non-Medicaid participants, the local Area Mental Health Authority determines they number of units authorized.

Q: If I have a complaint with my case manager or the services I am receiving, who do I contact?
A: Please contact your case manager’s direct supervisor. If you still cannot resolve the problem or if you want to make an official complaint, contact our Grievance Coordinator at (704) 319-7634.

Q: Who do I contact after hours for help?
A: If it is a medical emergency, please call 911. For Community Support Services please contact our after hours on call clinician at (704) 858-2615. For CAP/MR/DD participants, please call your case management provider.

Q: Do you help with participant transportation?
A: Yes. We can ling your through DSS transportation and other community resources.

Q: I have been denied for benefits, can PCP/TTHH help me?
A: Yes. Your case manager will assist you in applying for benefits that you may be eligible for.

Q: I need help finding a job. Can PCP/TTHH help me?
A: Yes. Your case manager will work with you to link you to employment opportunities within Mecklenburg County.

Q: Can PCP/TTHH help link and/or refer me to other community service resources?
A: Yes. Your case manager will assess your needs and help link and refer you to appropriate community resources.